Thursday, February 26, 2009

Soo because I dont want to keep re-living and dwelling over this whole situation here it is for all to read and be told about once by me!

So, Monday after school Gary Allen got off of the bus and just looked very angry and upset about something. He mentioned on Friday that he would have a BIG test on Monday... So I figured he was probably just stressed from that test he had and I wouldn't talk to him about it because it seemed to be bugging him. Well we go shopping and he tells just about everyone in the store that he's the big brother that is not feeling very well. I figure he is still getting over that stomach bug the kids had for a while, it was going around. So I decide to let him stay home the next day and we will take him to see his doctor first thing in the morning. He had run a temp of about 102F I gave him some Motrin to make him feel better and get that temp down. A few hours later we send him to bed with his brothers all is well. Then at 1am he gets up because he has a bloody nose, okay that's fine we can deal with that I go get him something to stop the bleeding and then he starts throwing up blood lots and lots of blood, red blood, black blood, blood clots, just blood! So Gary then immediately takes him to the ER I almost called 911 but figured Gary would get him to the ER faster. So they get him right in to the back in the ER and start him on an IV and all that, they decide to transport him to Arkansas Children's Hospital by ambulance, so my mom rides with him in the ambulance while me and Gary follow in the car. We had to take Brooklynn because she is breastfed still and they wouldn't let her on the ambulance "understandable" anyway, we get to children's they do his blood work and all that his iron levels and blood volume levels are very low they talk about transfusing him, he saw a hematologist and a GI doctor, they think he has my blood disorder called von willabrands and they think he may have had a intestinal bleed. He is on light duty, hes not allowed to rough house, we are still waiting on some tests to get back which will take a couple weeks. We are not positive of what exactly is the cause as of right now. We will take him straight to the ER if he has another bleeding episode and they will put a scope down his throught to see whats there. Thank you for all your prayers, I am sorry its not very personal making a blog but It was really honestly the worst days I have ever had in my life and I hate talking about it over and over! So here it is all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers