So my sweet family and friends! Lets talk car seats! yayy I know I know y'all think im nuts :) But really I am not, I want my children and yours to be the safest they can be and really not only the kids but us adults too! Have you ever thought about what happens in the car if you yourself are not wearing your seat belt? How YOU yourself can become a flying object severely harming the passengers next to you or anywhere in your vehicle? Not a pleasant thought huh? What if you could prevent your loved ones from getting severely injured or killed? Would you do all that you could to prevent them getting hurt? I sure would! Children's safety seats have come a long way and years to come I am sure they will improve even more! Did you know that car seats expire? 6 years is usually max on your car seat, check the manufacturing date! Did you know rear facing your child is the safest way for them to travel and that you CAN rear face them as long as your car seat will allow? My kids car seats all rear face to 33 lbs Jordan had just turned 3 years old when he hit 33 lbs! I know your thinking what about their legs? Wont they brake in an accident? There have been no documented cases of children's legs being broken do to car seats being rear faced. Plenty of documented cases of children's necks being broken or internally decapitated while forward facing to soon! Did you know they have high weight harness car seats? Gary Allen is still in a 5 point harness and he is 6 years old weighing 48 lbs his car seat will 5 point harness him to 80 lbs! How about laws? Did you know that by law you are required to rear face your infant his or her first year of life AND 20 LBS?! Now that is the law now, but the AAP is now recommending you rear face your children to 2 years old AND 30 lbs! Which is wonderful because that is the safest for them! Now for boosters 4 years old AND 40 lbs!!! No sooner!! and then after that, your child should NOT be in a regular seat belt until they are 4'9" tall! Gary Allen loves his car seat he knows it will help him be safe none of my children have ever questioned their car seats because I am positive about their car seats I teach them that car seats keep them safe! LOL my kids will yell at the top of their lungs if you drive off without your seat belt on or if you didn't buckle them up! They know what needs to be done lol and my little Zackery is still proudly rear facing at 20 months! he weighs 26 lbs and will rear face until he hits 33 lbs! Same goes for Miss Brooklynn! lol
here are some very important videos I want to share with you all. Please take the time to watch them! I wrote this because I care, this is not me having a holier than thou attitude! I just want my precious people to be safe as can be! Because I love you!
The importance of Rear FAcing!
importance of a 5 point harness
and lastly but not least :) Whyyyyy car seats expire!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(96)
-
▼
April
(10)
- Kids where having some fun before they got sick :(
- It was a very nice day outside today!
- forgot a vid!
- Some thoughts...
- Jordans new glasses! Gary Allens first missing tooth!
- Yes I realize I am picture crazy! Its fun, what ca...
- Brooklynn's New dress!! So cute!!
- Yep time to brake out the cilppers!!
- Some Easter pics
- Okay so ignore the boogys I didnt get a chance to ...
-
▼
April
(10)

No comments:
Post a Comment